The Sacramento Stormwater Quality Partnership began monitoring efforts in 1990. While technology and techniques have changed over the years, the Partnership’s goals and objectives have not.
The purpose of the Monitoring Program is to:
- Provide required data to assess compliance with permit
- Provide measurement for the success of the Stormwater Quality Improvement Plan (SQIP) and implementation of Best Management Practices (BMP’s)
- Assess and characterize the impacts of urban runoff discharges
- Identify sources of pollution
- Assess the overall health and long term trends in receiving water quality
Please see the Monitoring section of our NPDES permit for more information.