|River-Friendly Landscaping practices are designed to help you create a healthy, beautiful, vibrant yard while conserving water, reducing yard waste, and preventing pollution of our air and local rivers. |
Benefits to you:
Benefits to the community and the environment:
- Saves money on water, fertilizers, and pesticides
- Reduces green waste in your landscape
- Requires less maintenance such as mowing and trimming
- Attracts wonderful birds and butterflies to your garden
For more information, visit the River-Friendly Landscaping website.
- Conserves landfill space
- Reduces air pollution by reducing the amount of green waste that needs to be transported
- Improves water quality by reducing pollution
Visit the Ecolandscape California’s Event Calendar to find workshops and events that teach you about River-Friendly Landscaping practices.